JNC Gettin’ in the Game
Each Fall, CSL Behring hosts the Gettin’ in the Game Junior National Championship (JNC): the first national, and currently the only, sports competition for children with bleeding disorders.
At the games, participants will have the opportunity to learn the fundamentals of their respective sport, participate in friendly competition, and have a chance to connect with fellow members of the bleeding disorders community from across the country.
About the JNC
- The Junior National Championship is held from October 6 to October 8 in Henderson, Nevada–right outside of Las Vegas.
- CSL Behring will cover the cost of transportation and lodging for the participant and one parent or guardian.
- The JNC is open to kids ages 7 to 18.
- Attendees can compete in their choice of four sports: baseball, basketball, golf or swimming.
- To attend, you must be selected by your local bleeding disorder chapter. NYCHC can select one child to participate in this program this year.
- The child applying will need to answer one of the following questions, in 250 words or less:
- What lessons have you learned through your experience of having a bleeding disorder
- Describe a recent challenge in your life and how you worked to overcome it.
- Applications will be accepted until Wednesday, August 9.