JNC Gettin’ in the Game Application Open
Each Fall, CSL Behring hosts the Gettin’ in the Game Junior National Championship (JNC): the first national, and currently the only, sports competition for children with bleeding disorders.
Participants will have the opportunity to learn the fundamentals of their respective sport, participate in friendly competition, and have a chance to connect with fellow members of the bleeding disorders community from across the country.
About the JNC
- The Junior National Championship is held from October 27 to October 30 in Phoenix, Arizona.
- CSL Behring will cover the cost of transportation and lodging for the participant and one parent or guardian.
- The JNC is open to kids ages 7 to 18.
- Attendees can compete in their choice of two sports: baseball or golf.
- COVID-19 protocols will be shared with the selected attendee closer to the event.
- To attend, you must be selected by your local bleeding disorder chapter. NYCHC can select one child to participate in this program this year.
- The child applying will need to choose one of the following questions to answer in 250 words or less:
- What lessons have you learned through your experience of having a bleeding disorder
- Describe a recent challenge in your life and how you worked to overcome it.
- Applications will be accepted until Thursday, August 11.