The Walk is Tomorrow Morning, Sunday 5/31/15! $10,000 to Go!
The Tenth New York City Hemophilia Walk is tomorrow, Sunday, 5/31/15! Time to get excited!
We’re hoping for clear skies – but this is a rain or shine event! Tenth anniversaries only happen…every ten years! Don’t miss it!
We have so many fun things planned for the Walk this year:
- Comedian Alex Borstein, the voice of Lois on Family Guy, is participating. Come meet her!
- The amazing Copiague Hip Hop Club will be back to entertain you.
- The Rutgers Dance Team is performing.
- Loonie Louie the clown magician will be back.
- Rainbow bagels, frozen treats, and other goodies will be available.
- Exhibit tents with lots of giveaways
- And much more!
Check-in opens at 9am on Sunday, and the Walk starts at 10am with your choice of two routes – 5K and 1 mile.
Please enter the park at 83rd Street and Riverside and look for the check-in tables. If you are part of a team, ask your team captain about where to meet. Please try to register in advance – it will make things much faster when you get there. You can register at the Walk website:
Everyone who registers and checks in will get a cool multicolored Walk bracelet. Those who donate will also get an awesome tie-dyed Walk t-shirt (suggested minimum donation $25 per adult and $10 per kid). But remember – everyone is welcome to Walk and enjoy the park!
The Walk is now at almost $255,000 – but we still need at least $10,000 more to reach our goal!
We are so proud of everyone who’s raised money to help us reach our goal, but we aren’t there yet! We can’t get at least $10,000 or more to meet and exceed our goal. Keep it going!
Please take a few minutes today to reach out to family and friends, tell them your own story and ask them to support the Walk! They can donate at your own page, or at:
Why do we walk?
- Because we must find better treatments and a cure.
- Because of inhibitors, joint damage, and other complications.
- Because we need continued access to quality care.
- Because there is strength in community.
- Because our children, our families and our friends need support.
With your participation and support, we will have an amazing Walk on Sunday, and we will reach our goal and continue to move this community forward.
See you on Sunday!
Your friends at NYCHC and the New York City Hemophilia Walk
#hemophilia #vWD #bleedingdisorders #NYC10thHemoWalk #hemophiliawalk2015 #NYCHCHemoWalk2015