NYC Hemophilia Walk Raises Over $250,000!
- Our “tradition” of having picture-perfect weather on Walk day continued.
- We had more walkers than ever before with an estimated crowd of over 1,500 people.
- We had more donors and sponsors than ever before – more than two thousand people contributed.
- We raised more money than ever before – nearly a quarter of a million dollars – and it’s still coming in. That’s $40,000 more than last year and $26,000 more than our goal for this year. These critical funds will support education, advocacy and research leading to better treatments and a cure. We also continue to hold our title as the oldest and largest hemophilia Walk in the country.
- We had awesome entertainment for all ages including magic and juggling from Looney Louie the clown and spirited performances from the Copiague High School Hip Hop Club.
- We had a lot of fun!
We want to again extend our sincerest thanks to the Walkers, teams, donors, volunteers and EVERYONE who worked so hard to make the day a great success. A special cheer goes out for our top five teams – Team Awesome!!!!!, Christopher’s Crew, Peter Mac’s Pack, Buccellato Brothers and Bayer HealthCare – who raised over one hundred thousand dollars combined!
We also want to thank our amazing sponsors who are always there for us. They can also be viewed on our Walk website.
Plans are under way for the 2013 Walk! Stay tuned!