Being physically active is one key to managing a bleeding disorder. It also has many other benefits, like relieving stress, strengthening connections within the community, and improving general quality of life. Physical activity has been crucial during the pandemic: whether that was by going for socially distant walks, hiking locally, or using household objects as weights!
To help encourage physical activity within our community, the New England Hemophilia Association (NEHA) and the New York City Hemophilia Chapter (NYCHC) are hosting a new version of our Annual Fitness Challenge.
About The Fitness Challenge
- Based on your feedback, the Fitness Challenge will now be held from Wednesday, May 24 to Wednesday, July 26. We hope the warm weather makes it easier for you to get outside longer and more often.
- Each accepted participant will receive a sleek Max Buzz Activity Tracker to help record your activity. You’ll also be able to keep this after the challenge ends to help you track your activity on your own.
- This will be free to you and is provided by NYCHC and NEHA.
Who Can Participate?
- All community members (age 16+) are invited to participate.
- This includes bleeding disorder patients, unaffected siblings, parents and other family members.
- All physical activity levels are encouraged to get involved: whether you are looking for motivation to get off the couch, inspiration to increase your current work out level, or competition to set a new personal record.
- This challenge is a fun way to become a healthier, happier you! While your activity level is counted in steps per day, the creative platform allows you to track many different activities, like running, walking, biking, lifting weights, swimming, or even cleaning the house.
Application Process and Key Dates
- Participation is free for people living in New England or the New York City area.
- Applications will be accepted until Friday, May 5.
- Please note: completing this application does not guarantee acceptance into the Fitness Challenge.
- Accepted participants will be notified of their acceptance on Tuesday, May 9.
- The Fitness Challenge will be held from Wednesday, May 24 to Wednesday, July 26.
If you have any questions, please email Brandon Greene, NEHA and NYCHC’s Marketing and Communications Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.