The New York City Hemophilia Chapter is thrilled to invite you to our Virtual Expo event on Saturday, May 2.
Seeing that in-person events are currently paused due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) public health emergency, we are hosting this event to help our community members feel connected while getting educated–all through our virtual platform!
1:00 PM – Welcome Session for All Attendees. Join at bit.ly/NYCHCExpo
- Ask The Experts – HTC physicians will answer questions about the impact of COVID19 on people with bleeding disorders. They will provide updates on how they are seeing patients, access to supplies, product safety, and more. Submit your questions for the physicians here.
1:45 PM – Breakout Sessions (select one)
- Gene Therapy Research – This will investigate the causes of genetic conditions, the different types of gene therapies that are available, and what gene therapy trials are trying to figure out.
- Health Insurance Roadmap – This will explore different insurance options, transitions that impact coverage, and insurance denials of coverage.
- Challenge Accepted – This inspirational session will focus on overcoming and working through challenging situations.
- Hemophilia & Cannabis Pain Management – This presentation covers how cannabis interacts with the body, and can be used to manage pain.
- For the Sisters, Moms, and Ladies – This will discuss the importance of genetic testing for females who have a brother or cousin with hemophilia.
- Staying Fit in Quarantine – Here, you will learn ten easy, exercises that you can do at home to maintain strength and joint health through quarantine.
- Managing Your Mental Health – This will cover common reactions to crisis, our natural stress response, and ways to minimize its negative impact.
- My Experience with COVID-19 – One of our community members will share their personal reflections on living through COVID-19.
2:45 PM – Closing Session for All Attendees. Join at bit.ly/NYCHCExpo
This event was made possible by the help of our sponsors: