Bilingual Back to School Event
If you have a child with hemophilia, von Willebrand Disease (vWD), or another bleeding disorder, school can be hard to navigate. It is important to know the resources available to you.
Every Fall, we host our Bilingual Back to School Event to help families in our community prepare to return to school. This year’s event will be held on Sunday, September 18 from 11 AM to 3 PM at the New York Marriott Downtown (85 West Street at Albany Street, New York, NY 10006).
- Infusion Training
- 504s and IEPs
- Goal Setting
- Career Paths and Potential
- Protecting Your Joints
- Improv Workshop and Performance (for kids and teens)
- A full agenda will be shared before the event.
To help you prepare to go back to school, NYCHC will provide a $35 gift card to each school aged child that attends. Gift cards are for children with bleeding disorders and their siblings only.
- This program is free!
- Lunch will be provided to all attendees.
- This event is open only to families with bleeding disorders from the New York City tri state area.
Health and Safety Guidelines
- Mask wearing is optional for all attendees.
- Please stay home and do not attend the event if you have tested positive for COVID-19, are waiting for COVID-19 test results, have COVID-19 symptoms, feel sick or unwell, or if you have had close contact with a person who has tested positive for or who has symptoms of COVID-19.