TORCH Teen Retreat
August 4 - August 6
Our TORCH Teen Retreat will be held from Friday, August 4 to Sunday, August 6 at the Pocono Environmental Education Center (PEEC), a short 2 hour drive from NYC in the Delaware Water Gap region.
TORCH (Teen Opportunities and Resources for Community Health) is NYCHC’s teen program for teens ages 13-18 within the Greater NYC bleeding disorders community. The goal of this retreat is to foster independence, self-advocacy, support, and accountability among teens, while also building future leaders in the bleeding disorders community.
- Activities: Hiking, ropes course, orienteering, team building and leadership training, games, canoeing, campfires & s’mores and more!
- Meals: All meals, snacks and beverages will be provided from dinner on Friday evening to lunch on Sunday.
- Sleeping Arrangements: Teens will share cabins based on their gender.
- Packing List: A full packing list will be shared with registered attendees before the event begins.
- Supervision: Adults present include NYCHC staff, a nurse, young adult mentors, and chaperones in addition to PEEC’s onsite staff.
We’ll be providing free round-trip transportation to and from PEEC.
- Bus will depart NYC on Friday, August 4 at 3 PM.
- Arrive between 2:30 and 2:45.
- Location: West 31st Street (between 7th and 8th Ave.), near the corner of 8th Ave.
- On Sunday, the bus will drop teens off at the same location, between 7:00 PM and 7:30 PM (depending on traffic).
- This program is free , however, spaces are limited.
- This event is open only to teenagers with bleeding disorders (ages 13 -18) and their siblings living in their immediate household from the New York City tri state area.
- Registration will end on Friday, July 14.
More details will be provided soon.