Many groups exist within the bleeding disorder community, and each has unique needs. NYCHC’s volunteer committees exist to meet the needs of underrepresented groups, such as people with inhibitors, people with VWD, teens, and Spanish-speakers.
- Inhibitor: This committee seeks to bring those affected, previously affected and unaffected by inhibitors to educate, inform and create a supportive environment.
- VWD: This committee seeks to create a learning and community environment for the diagnosed and undiagnosed that encourages teaching, learning about the disorder as well as sharing experiences to better understand, promote and enjoy a healthy lifestyle and raise awareness.
- Latino Outreach: This committee seeks to advance the Latino and Spanish speaking community by fostering and empowering this community through events that are educational, social and informative. This includes events that are in Spanish and/or English in locations and on topics that interest this community.
- Teen/Young Adult: The committee seeks to engage teens and young adults in creative programming that focuses on living healthy lifestyles with the intent to keep them engaged as they move into adulthood.
The Chapter has a few more committees to establish to continue the mission and those will be added over time. Those committees are as follows:
- Women with bleeding disorders
- New Families